Cuts & Battle Scars : Part 1

** THIS ENTRY CONTAINS SENSITIVE CONTENT WHICH SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND DISTURBING
PLEASE STOP READING IMMEDIATELY IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT.
THANK YOU.
________________

Remember that I was supposed to help others?
To try to be positive. To be strong.
To be a fighter.
To always fight.


Tapi aku juga cuma manusia biasa.
Yang buat kesalahan.
Yang kadang-kadang pun tersungkur & jatuh juga.
dan kadang-kadang. 
Kalah dengan battle sendiri.


Heck, I've been through so much.
So much that I think I have some sort of an ‘exception’ to be bad.
I could have started smoking, drinking or doing drugs even. 
I could have done all of that.

Tapi aku pilih untuk tak buat semua tu.
even pergi club pun tak.
I've been carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.

For so long.
I've fought for so long.
But, that one day. that one terrible day.
Aku kalah.
My worst got the best of me.
I just lost it.
And I fell deep into this... dark hole.


"Sekuat mana pun kita. Akan ada satu ketika. Kita akan rebah."


Aku seorang sahaja. Hari hari. Seorang.
I didn't wanna going out. I didn't feel like I wanna have anyone around.
Cuma rasa macam tak boleh nak hadap sahaja. tak boleh nak fight lagi.
I was under a lot of pressure.
Everything was just really bad for me.
It was really bad.

Aku macam bangang.
tak tahu nak keluarkan macam mana.
Because I've been keeping it to myself, my whole life.


So this happened quite recently.
I was out of my mind.
There I was.
Shaving one side of my head.
Out of anger. Out of… depression?
I don't know.
Aku tak berani guna perkataan depression tu sebenarnya.
because I didn't know what I was dealing with. still don't actually.


But itu benda pertama aku buat.
few days later.
I started cutting myself.

Yes.
I cut myself.





Slowly. Started off with a very little one. To more. to even bigger. And even deeper. 
The next thing I knew. My forearm was full with cutting scars. 








It was (I thought) the only way for me to let it all out.
Untuk keluarkan apa yang aku rasa masa tu.

"When the blood flows (out). That's when the pain goes (away)."

What was I thinking?? I admit that I was feeling a lot better after every cut. Buat aku rasa lega (ye. psiko. tapi tu yang aku rasa). I'd feel okay for few hours before I go on for another cut.

I didn't tell a single soul. I kept everything to myself. I was really good at keeping things to myself. Tak ada seorang pun housemates aku tahu yang I was in deep shit masa mula-mula tu.
Dan aku pandai sorok juga. hari-hari pakai baju lengan panjang/hoodies.


"But Aiman, Hairie and Haziqah saved me...."


Three of my best friends saved me. Keluarkan aku dari darkness tu. Tolong aku berdiri balik.
Hairie was the first one yang ternampak. then He texted Aiman. And Aiman bagitahu Haziqah.
Haziqah and Aiman was away masa tu. Thus, the reason kenapa ada gambar-gamabr dekat atas.

Jujur. Aku berhenti solat masa umur 18 tahun. Memberontak.
Mak marah seratus kali. Seratus kali aku ignore.


"Aku kembali kepada Allah.
Aku berdoa setiap hari selesai solat.

"Ya Allah, kau berikan lah kekuatan dan ketenangan yang senantiasa kepada hambamu ini. Kau berikan lah aku kekuatan untuk menghadapi segala ujian, cabaran dan dugaan dari mu, Ya Allah"

Itu adalah doa aku. setiap kali lepas solat. Alhamdulillah. Aku diberi kekuatan dan ketenangan sedikit demi sedikit. Allah murahkan rezeki aku. Hidup aku sibuk dengan kerja dan kerjaya sehingga aku tak sedar. Dalam tempoh aku leka berkerja. Aku diberi kekuatan dan ketenangan untuk meneruskan hidup dengan lebih positif dan menjadi manusia yang redha. Aku lupa semua masalah aku. Alhamdulillah."


Honestly,
And this is very important, I wasn't trying to commit suicide pun.
That was never my intention. Didn’t even cross my mind.
I only wanted the pain to go away. I wanted to let IT go.
But that was crazy-thinking. That was stupid.
Thanks to Haziqah, Aiman and Hairie. Aku berdiri balik. 

And today.
When I look at these scars. These battle scars.
My battle with my issues.
Aku tak pandang parut-parut ni dengan perasaan "I've failed" parut-parut ni adalah tanda yang cakap dekat aku "You're a winner. You've been through darkness. kau jatuh dan bangun semula. And here you are. Standing. (as) A winner. Because you've fought."





And I am a fighter. We all are.
kalau aku boleh lepas benda ni. why can't you? There's a soldier in every one of us. 
So, don’t give up. Fight!





"You're #Unstoppable.
#StayStrong"
Sincerely,
Hafreez Adam

Comments

RAWNA said…
there's always a better way to channel out your pain. Alhamdulillah u realised that and u have your good friends to help u. belajar untuk meluahkan perasaan, bercerita ke orang lain. i'm sure you have that one person who can lend his/her shoulder for you whenever you need them. ingat, kita ada Allah. apa-apa mengadu pada DIA. stay strong bro.
sharul izam said…
so touch ... setiap yang berlaku ada hikmahnya ... bersyukur Allah menyayangi anda =)
azfareyl said…
this touches my heart. thanks for these motivational words. anyway, i'm still struggling in it.
Positive Life said…
Thanks Khairul Anwar & Sharul Izam. =)

Thanks Azfareyl. and you're welcome. There's a reason why I cme clean and open up about this to people. To help those who's going through wht I've been through. Dont make the same mistake i made. There's a way to get pass through whtever you're going through. Believe me. You'll be fine soon =)
sharul izam said…
no biggie bro =)
i pernah baca tentang tindakan mcm ni..orng cederakan diri sendiri utk dptkn sedikit ketenangan..alhamdullilah lah sbb u dpt kwn2 yg baik di sisi u. Lain kali kalau stress2 jgn buat mcm ni tau Adam..baca al-quran atau solat ke..in sha allah u tenang punya. Beside u kn dh ada kwn2 yg baik disisi u? luahkan dkt dorang..xdelah u terbeban dgn apa yg u rasa tu :)

sorry bebel :p
Positive Life said…
Ida/Iena : haha. no worries. Im being open minded menerima semua teguran skrg. benda baik lagi pun =) yeap. my friends told me to jaga solat and bykkan berdoa. and thts wht I did. kalau u perasan apa yg I tulis dkt atas. ada petikan dari doa yg I baca setiap kali lepas solat. and Alhamdulillah. I rasa tenang. I actually dari kecil dah terbiasa simpan sndiri. Sbb I dnt really like dramas. jenis suka yg happening, ceria, gila2 shj. tak suka sedih2. but I should knw better. sometimes, letting out is better thn keeping it in. but thanks ida/iena. u guys hv been such a great support to me! thanks a lot =D
littlesya said…
how strong you are :'). keep goin', Allah will always be there for you. setiap apa yang jadi ada hikhmahnya. you words could be motivation to all people that go through the same things 💓💓
Norashikin Abd Wahid said…
Hi Assalamualaikum Hafreez. Saya jenis yg suka baca blog² yang ada. And saya ternampak posting awak dekat instagram mengenai blog awak. Blog ni ibarat diari tapi diari untuk dikongsi dengan everyone. Lepas baca awak punya blog yg baru ni, saya jadi tenang and more +ve. Saya pernah juga buat apa yg awak buat kat tangan awak tu. Saya pun sama mcm awak, tak suka bercerita lebih suka pendam. Berat mata memandang berat lagi bahu memikul. Saya harap awak teruskan buat blog baru. Blog awak sebelum ni pun saya baca. Alhamdulilah. InsyaAllah saya harap saya pun diberi kekuatan sebagaimana awak kuat hadap macam² . Take care, ada hikmah nya lepas apa yang jadi. Stay +ve, be strong okay. Allah selalu ada untuk awak, untuk kita semua.
JujuRY said…
At times when fear and loneliness sank in, people will shut the world out. Closes one self from tbe rest. The struggle is hard, not everyone can handle and not anyone can help. It takes inner strength to pull yourself out of the darkness.
Congratulations for winning.
Now open up your heart, mind and ears, help others and bring them back on tbeir feet.
Most only need to listen and talk a conversation.
Will support you always.
Anonymous said…
Thankyou hafreez for this positive vibes! May Allah bless us, always (:
Anonymous said…
It's okay to be not okay. It's fine to feel like the whole world are crushing you down. It's okay to feel like everything eas not okay. You've done well Abe. Keep on being yourself and you'll get stronger day by day. I pray for that Abe. For you and for everyone. At the end of the day, tell yourself, you're doing well and things will be okay. You are blessed for being such kindhearted friends that lead you to a better you instead of leaving you behind. Pls know this Abe. I love you and I pray for you sincerely. Things may be really hard but it will be fine. It will be okay. Everything will be fine. One more thing, thankyou for helping me to realize about the most important thing while I was missing someone that can't be miss, you comforted me really well. So, I'm gonna returning that favor with my prayer for you. After all, prayer doesnt have any boundaries. God bless you Abe
Anonymous said…
You are so strong! I constantly having the thought of committing suicide because i barely feel happy anymore. My smile, my laugh wasnt sincere but no one understand. My mind has been flooded with too much problems that i cant even think positively anymore. What i always do is i keep hitting my head if the negative voice flooding my head. It helps. Also, the only thing that is holding me from committing suicide is the fact that i am Islam and that action is totally prohibited in Islam. Fear to Allah and the thought of not be able to smell the heaven is keeping me alive.
Anonymous said…
I can relate to this so much. Been dealing with this for about 5 years and having shitty 'bestfriends' doesn't help at all. While battling with it alone, my mom said she regret not kill me after I was born, my brother keep telling me to die. But still, I have this one dream that I want to achieve. So I can't suicide now. That's what keep me alive until this day
Anonymous said…
Kepada hafreez adam,saya peminat awak... Awak jgn giveup dan teruskn bangkit semula.. Saya doakan semoga awak dpt atasi masalah yang awak sedang alami dan semoga awak terus success dalam kerjaya awak... Cayokk hafreez!!
Anonymous said…
i feel you abe, i have been dealing in this situation before, and alhamdulillah im getting better day by day, youre so strong abe !

Popular Posts